Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I Can't Feel My Face .. And I Don't Love It

Sunday









And that is all. :/

Today was a blast from the past:  marathon .. TELEVISION.  I watched the NYC marathon, my Facebook feed, and all of the tracking apps for results from the ATC participants  ALL DAY LONG.  SO much excitement.  The only bummer was being SO sick. The story of my life right now.  Being sooo motivated mentally to chase BIG goals, and DO. BIG. THINGS.  But having a body that says: f'ck that!  I had little moments of "you could at least do some crunches while you watch all these amazing athletes."  And then: "but you'd have to move the 400 used tissue mountain that's adorning the floor at your feet."  Womp, womp.

Monday
I can't feel my face when I'm with you, and I don't love it.  I don't love it at all.

Tuesday

I can BREATH!  I can BREATH!

Unfortunately .. I can also work. And drive.  And cook dinner.  And repeat.


Wednesday, Thursday, Friday



Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!  Ankle sprains, and colds, and new jobs, and conclusion of major goal = oh my.  Am I super thankful all of this hit AFTER I ran a full marathon?  Yes.  Does it still suck.  MAJORLY.

Am I retiring?  Am I being overly dramatic about one bad month?  I don't know.  But either way, UNCLE!


Saturday
Distance - 6.2
Pace - 10:25

Woo.  I needed this.  A continuous run of more than a 5K.  At any pace, I will take it.  It was fun running with the pod.

I think I have decided to drop Thanksgiving to a 5K, and Jeff Galloway too, depending on how the rest of the month goes.  As we've previously established, I am not a "tempo run" kind of racer.  Messes with me mentally.  I'd rather give as much as I can at the 5Ks, and pick up with the 1/2 Spring training program targeting New Orleans in early February, than put myself out there and accomplish nothing.  I could fun run the distances, too.  We'll see.


I might not be running this week, but I can celebrate like one anyways. ;)

Sunday
Too much run-related stuff to actually get in any running.  Time with fam in the AM was priceless, and then off to CPR training and Run Lead end of year social.


I don't think he's okay. 


Possibly my favorite picture ever.  All of the marathoners this session. <3

Total: 6.2 *tear*

No comments:

Post a Comment