Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 17

Monday
Distance - 6.2
Pace - 9:25

By far, fastest non-race 10K.  Where did that come from?? :) Proof that I was good to myself during the 20 miler, I suppose.  I worked a little harder on the way out to make my "struggle bus warm up pace" not SO sluggish that the return had to be at race pace just to even things out.  On the other hand, by the time I was returning, "be done mode" still kicked in, and off I went anyways.  Woo!  I continue to do my strides for 20 seconds up each bridge "hill."  Silly, but I like to pretend this makes me ready for Chicago "hills." :D

Tuesday
Distance - 2 mile walk
Pace - whatever

So much going on besides running today that I had to wave the white flag, and just pass on a repeat 10K.  At 6:30pm, I only had time for a quick walk about to get in my 10,000 steps.

Wednesday
Distance - 3.1
Pace - 9:40

Quick treadmill run before work.  A bit shy of the level 2 mileage so far this week, but ce la vie.  I ran this quick, easy and dirty: 10 pace for 1 mile, 9:40 pace for mile 2, and something like 9:30 for 3rd, with kick to 8.1 mph for the tail.  Forgot a towel.  That was fun, too.

Thursday

I figured out something quite shocking.  Marathon training is now THIRD on the list of most important, monumental life changing processes requiring my immediate attention on or before mid-October.  After a wild sense of **shock** because up until now, everything was fitting so nicely, I quickly became okay with this fact.  There will be other races.  There may even be other marathons.  But I will never have the chance to again guide my oldest daughter through the college application process, SATS, essays, recommendation letter / transcript gathering, tour taking JOB that is Senior year.  I also have to do something for my own sanity on a front that I am not at liberty to completely discuss publicly.  Leave it as given that its *great* that there's a TON of activity on this front right now, and also leave as given that the time commitment is approaching "2nd full time job status" after real full-time job, and full-time senior year momming job.  So, friends, that means marathon training? It just has to go back to part-time job and/or hobby status ... or I implode.  *tear*  Today I missed the work out completely, and have no plans to fit it in or make it up in any way.  That makes me upset, but with all that I am accomplishing on the other two fronts, bearable.

Friday

Continue like Thursday ..  massive amounts of work.  Long days on all fronts.  Tied to computer.  No end in sight.  Opted for sleep instead of early morning 4 miler.  Planning on just covering the 15 miles on the schedule for NYC tomorrow (because of lack of running during week, I'm afraid to run a long run that is not supported by my weekday effort).  I will see if I can't use the "rest weekend" to really knock out all of these other projects and bring them back to "bearable" levels.  I'll hit Sizzler hard, thanks to the forced taper, and then hopefully resume heavy-ish training schedule from 9/5 to taper.  Pay for me! LOL.

Total: 25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment