Thursday, March 9, 2017

Race Report: Chattahoochee Road Race

Distance: 5K + 10 miles
Time: 29:30 and 14:20+ (pacer practice)

Best of times.  Worst of times.  I absolutely LOVED this course.  So fun to go weeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeee from 2.4 to the finish.  This is also the first time I have run a continuous 5K with no walk break in practically FOREVER.  To do it sub-9:40 pace was friggin AMAZING.  The second mile was the toughest, as always, and although I really wanted to stop, I talked myself into just slowing to a pace that felt maintainable until I got to 2.5.  Mental strength coming back to me for the win!

Little dampers to the moment: Still need to shave of FOUR MINUTES to get back to where I was, and on a harder course.  I WILL NEVER take a run break ever again.  And as soon as my kids are done needing me financially, I am buying a tiny house so that I can work part-time or work at a Starbucks or something. I need more running time! Lol.
 

Getting ready to roam the desert? Lol.


Yasss!  Elite #.  I took one look at this and thought:  well, sucka, tough news .. sub-30 has to happen again today because .. number 1, beotch! LOL



And after that, the idea was to get in 7 extra miles at the 6:30 marathon pace.  News for us: it was not a party.  The thoroughly spent legs, heat of the late morning, and hillacious course meant 30 second run, 1 minute walk at 14+ avg pace was *just* this side of doable.  Lord!  But I had fun; it was me and Stephanie alone against the world.  I like runs like that, where it just feels like you're disconnected from all the every day going-ons of life for what appears to be ages, fighting for survival. ha. I could have done without the surprise news at the end: oh, we followed the 10 mile course, not the 7 mile course?  So we're going to be at 16ish by the time all is said and done with warm ups and cool downs for 5K, 5K, and then all of this? Dandy.  

Sunday

Con: I had to miss Cycle bar church, and I had to work on a Sunday.  Pro: I got to host a 5K walk/run!  As my job.  So fun.  




No comments:

Post a Comment